|Spoiler Alert: This article or section contains details about plotlines not covered in the anime. Do not proceed unless you wish to be spoiled. |
The Armament Full Control Art (武装完全支配術, Busō Kanzen Shihai Jutsu?) is a super high-ranking Sacred Arts ritual that is used to boost the offensive power of a Divine Object-class weapon by linking with the true essence of the weapon.
As all Divine Object-class weapons strongly inherit the properties of the object that served as its nucleus in the form of memories, the Armament Full Control Art may be used to tap into the parameters inherited from the base material, thus increasing the power of the weapon in the form of special abilities. The ability acquired through the ritual depends solely on how the caster pictures the released form of the weapon.
The ritual is divided into two phases, the «strengthening» and the «releasing» phases.
The first phase of the «Armament Full Control Art», called the «strengthening» phase, is the partial awakening of the weapon's memories, which manifest as a new offensive ability for the weapon. The phase, like all Sacred Arts, requires chanting a system command that begins with "System Call!", while the command itself can range from about 25 to 30 words and is customised for each weapon based on their inherited parameters and the chosen ability. The general syntax of the command is:
- Declare a reference to the weapon's memories;
- Select and modify the required part of the memories;
- Assign the memories to the weapon to amplify its offensive power.
- The command is ended with the phrase "Enhance Armament!".
The «Life» of the weapon decreases greatly every time the command is used and the power of the ritual is determined by the caster's ability to imagine the released form of the weapon.
The second phase of the ritual, called the «releasing» phase, is a command that releases all of the memories of the weapon, unleashing all of its rampant power. Memories unleashed with this phase become uncontrollable to the caster and might even engulf the caster himself. Unlike the other commands, this phase does not require the caster to say the starting phrase, "System Call!", as the second phase continues directly from the first phase and thus only requires saying "Release recollection" after the first phase is activated for the second phase to be initiated.
- Both phases of the Armament Full Control Art can be invoked without a verbal command by visualising the effect of the art.
- In the web version, the Armament Full Control Art only consisted of the second, releasing, phase.
- Volume 12, Chapter 7, Part 2
- refer to text in the 36th to 37th percentile of all text in SAO4 web version after Kirito reached 50th Floor[Clarification needed]