Party Invitation[edit | edit source]
A player can be invited to a party by opening the menu and selecting the "Party" option. If the player does not have the person they are inviting on their friend list, they may use the option to select the person by touching their Color Cursor in their view.
Party Size[edit | edit source]
ALfheim Online is an exception to the rule, as the party limit is seven people for unknown reasons. However, a special 8th slot exists for special characters, like quest NPCs or Game Masters.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Players are able to see the HP bars and names of all their party members on the top left side of their vision.
- When a party is created, a temporary storage for the items the party acquires is created. However, Last Attack bonuses are given to the player who deals the last attack on the monster.
- The currency obtained from the monsters is automatically distributed by the system function.
- The party experience is divided according to the amount of damage each party member dealt to the monster.
- In ALfheim Online, an «Insurance Frame» feature automatically transfers the items of killed players to their party members, preventing item loss unless all members of the party are killed.
- Certain quests can be completed cooperatively in a party.
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Status Effects like Paralysis become less dangerous.
- It is easier to handle unexpected situations.
- Confusing AI becomes easier due to «Switching».
- A party's searching range is more spread out than when playing solo.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Less efficient play style experience-wise.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the beginning of the Sword Art Online official service, players in parties had the lowest fatality rates.
References[edit | edit source]
- Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 6
- Volume 8, Calibur Part 3
- Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 5
- Volume 7, Chapter 3
- Calibur SS
- Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 15
- Volume 8, First Day
- Progressive Volume 1, Chapter 1, Part 13
- Volume 2, The Black Swordsman, Part 3
- Volume 3, Chapter 2
- Volume 1, Chapter 4
- Volume 1, Chapter 6
- Volume 1, Chapter 9