A Party (パティー, Patī?) is a system-recognised group of players, sometimes accompanied by Non-Player Characters (NPC), adventuring together in MMO games. Members of a party usually divide their roles in battle for better specialisation and efficiency.
A player can be invited to a party by opening the menu and selecting the "Party" option under the offer tab. If the player does not have the person they are inviting on their friend list, they may use the option to select the person by touching their Color Cursor in their view.
ALfheim Online is an exception to the rule, as the party limit is seven people for unknown reasons. However, a special 8th slot exists for special characters, like quest NPCs or Game Masters.
- Players are able to see the Hit Point bars and names of all their party members on the top left side of their vision.
- When a party is created, a temporary storage for the items the party acquires is created. However, Last Attack bonuses are given to the player who deals the last attack on the monster.
- The currency obtained from the monsters is automatically distributed by the system function.
- The party experience is divided according to the amount of damage each party member dealt to or blocked from the monster.
- In ALfheim Online, an «Insurance Frame» feature automatically transfers the items of killed players to their party members, preventing item loss unless all members of the party are killed.
- Certain quests can be completed cooperatively in a party.
- Within the party settings menu, there is an option to relinquish the party leader's role to any fellow party member.
- Status Effects like Paralysis become less dangerous.
- It is easier to handle unexpected situations.
- Confusing AI becomes easier due to «Switching».
- A party's searching range is more spread out than when playing solo.
- Less efficient play style experience-wise.
- In the beginning of the Sword Art Online official service, players in parties had the lowest fatality rates.
- Progressive Volume 1, Aria of a Starless Night, Part 6
- Volume 8, Calibur Part 3
- Progressive Volume 1, Aria of a Starless Night, Part 5
- Volume 7, Chapter 3
- Calibur SS
- Progressive Volume 1, Aria of a Starless Night, Part 15
- Volume 8, First Day
- Progressive Volume 1, Aria of a Starless Night, Part 13
- Volume 2, The Black Swordsman, Part 3
- Progressive Volume 1, Rondo of a Fragile Blade, Part 11
- Volume 3, Chapter 2
- Progressive Volume 3, Barcarolle of Froth, Part 4
- Volume 1, Chapter 4
- Volume 1, Chapter 6
- Volume 1, Chapter 9