The Sleeping Knights (スリーピング・ナイツ, Surīpingu Naitsu?) is the twentieth episode of the Sword Art Online II anime adaptation, as well as the third episode of Mother's Rosario. It aired on November 22, 2014.
Plot[edit | edit source]
After Yuuki took Asuna to an inn in Ronbaru, she introduced her to the other members of the Sleeping Knights: Jun, Nori, Siune, Talken and Tecchi. Yuuki then told her that the guild wanted her help in defeating the next Floor Boss with just one party. Siune explained that the group wanted to defeat the boss in order to etch all of their names on the Monument of Swordsmen, as they would not be able to adventure together after winter and thus decided to make a memory that they would never forget.
After some thinking, Asuna agreed to help and meet with the Sleeping Knights the next day but before departing, she asked Yuuki if she recalled fighting a certain Spriggan and asked why did they not choose him instead. After a short pause, Yuuki told Asuna that the Spriggan was not chosen because he managed to discover her secret before the end of their fight. Some time later, while Asuna was walking at the Teleport Gate plaza, she was disconnected from the game by her mother who then told her that she was late for dinner. After an unpleasant conversation with her mother, Asuna headed to a park in another residential area. There she considered calling Kazuto, but decided that she did not want to expose her weakness to him.
The next day, she met up with the Sleeping Knights and they easily managed to reach the boss room. However, Asuna detected several players hiding near the boss room. As the players claimed that they were just waiting for their friends, the group entered the boss room. But, during the battle, Asuna noticed that the party were actually spying on the boss battle with the use of the «Peeping» spell. After the Sleeping Knights and Asuna respawned in Ronbaru, Asuna told the others what she had discovered and they decided to rush to the boss room again before the guild they encountered had enough time to gather a raid group. Although the guild had not manage to prepare yet, there were enough players gathered at the boss room door to seal off the area.
As the guild rejected the request of the Sleeping Knights to let them try again, even though the large guild was not yet ready, Yuuki declared that they would fight it out and assaulted the raid group's leader. At that point, the rest of the boss raiding guild came to the scene, but then Kirito who was following them ran past them via a wall and blocked their path.
New Characters[edit | edit source]
Guilds[edit | edit source]
- «Sleeping Knights»
- Unnamed boss clearing guild.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Humanoid lizard
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Sword Skills[edit | edit source]
Spells[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Adaptation Notes[edit | edit source]
- Adapted from Volume 7, Chapter 3-6
- Asuna and Yuuki flying to the 27th Floor was not shown.
- In the novel, Yuuki had forgotten to ask Asuna for her name. Thus, when she tried introducing Asuna to her guild, she had to ask for her name first, causing her guild members to fall to their chairs.
- In the novel, Yuuki did not tell Asuna why she was brought to meet the Sleeping Knights, thus causing another misunderstanding when she realised it.
- The Sleeping Knights did not mention that they traveled through numerous games to find the most gorgeous one to leave their memory in.
- Asuna's mother's disapproval of Asuna heading outside and her attempt to stop her were omitted.
- The journey to the Labyrinth was omitted.
- In the novel, the scout party's leader was one of the two Imp players, instead of the Sylph player.
Errors[edit | edit source]
- A guild icon was displayed above Asuna's HP bar, despite her not being part of a guild.
- The incantation for Asuna's spell was displayed as the incantation for a healing spell, instead of for a Searcher spell.
- The concealment spell was supposed to be cast by the scout party's sylph player, instead of an imp.