|Spoiler Alert: This article or section contains details about plotlines not covered in the anime. Do not proceed unless you wish to be spoiled. |
|This article is missing some information.|
You can help by adopting it and adding the missing information.
|Missing Information: Pina manga content|
|This article is open for adoption.|
The Pina Edition (ピナ・エディション, Pina Edishon?) is a self-published (doujin), Pina-themed bonus short story collection written by Kunori Fumio (Kawahara Reki) and drawn by Kurusu Tatsuya (ponz.info). It was released on May 5, 2013 during COMITIA 104.
This publication consists of two side stories:
- The Fourteenth Autumn (十四回目の秋, Jūyonkaime no Aki?) is a side story that takes place on the 35th Floor of Aincrad on October 4, 2024. It tells the story of Silica meeting with Kirito on her birthday.
- Pina Edition Bonus Manga Theatre (ピナ・エディ・おまけ・まんが劇場, Pina Edi Omake Manga Gekijō?) - a short, Pina-themed 4-koma manga.
The Fourteenth Autumn
After the 73rd Floor is cleared, Silica invites Kirito to the «Weathercock Pavilion» inn in the town of Mishe on the 35th Floor to celebrate his victory. While they're tasting Silica's favourite nut tart, Pina shows interest in Kirito's slice of tart, even though familiars should only be interested in food if their owner personally feeds them. Kirito allows the dragon to eat a slice of the tart and before Silica can put her dragon down on the floor, Pina nimbly dodges Silica and, after flying a small lap, lands on Kirito's head, where she assumes a sleeping position and falls fast asleep.
While apologizing to Kirito, Silica slips that she loves him and tries to cover it, but messes up. Kirito suddenly brings his menu out and materializes a white box with a blue ribbon. He proceeds to say that he solved the riddle that she gave him a month before, and explained that he discovered her real name and that it was her birthday.
Silica opens the box and finds a ring. She misunderstands the reason for this specific gift at first, but then Kirito tells her that the ring can be used as a cellphone to communicate with him by voice once a month. However, she never got to use it, because the game was cleared about a month later.
Pina Edition Bonus Manga Theatre
This part included 7 4-koma mangas which mainly focused on Pina and Silica. Their titles are:
- Hunting (狩り, Kari?)
- Idol (アイドル, Aidoru?)
- Meal (ごはん, Gohan?)
- Bath (おふろ, Ofuro?)
- Relax Time (リラックスタイム, Rirakkusu Taimu?)
- Maiden's Heart (オトメゴコロ, Otomegokoro?)
- Passing Days (めぐる日々, Meguru Hibi?)
- Kawahara Reki's tweet announcing his participation at COMITIA 104 with ponz.info, followed by a tweet about releasing the Pina Edition during the event
- Kawahara Reki's tweet reminding his fans about the planned release of the Pina Edition at COMITIA the following day (dated May 4, 2013)
- Kurusu Tatsuya's official site