Notes for revision Edit
Sinon or Shinon?Edit
As some of you may know: In the japanese Language, there is no "Si" or rather "Si" is the same as "Shi". So both of these Names are pronounced the same. Plus, her Realname ist Shino and its not rare for japanese Nicknames to be the Name with a added "n"-Letter. Shino -> Shinon.. So is there any prove that its really "Sinon" and not "Shinon"? Shinon seems more legit to me. 18.104.22.168 22:45, July 3, 2013 (UTC)
We use what B-T uses. We are an english wiki, B-T is the main place to read the light novels in english, therefore it is only logical that we use the same spellings to avoid confusion. MyProjectAlicization (talk) 05:17, July 4, 2013 (UTC)Although her in-game name is pronounced as "Shinon" and it is based on her real name "Shino", "Sinon" is as official as it gets, since it spelled in English on page 331 of Volume 6 (the final sentence of Chapter 14 to be specific).
Why do you always have to be first?! I've been here longer than you! respect youor elders (even though I'm younger than you)! Also, I thought it was that way, just didnt have any concrete evidence like you and your illegal copies of the book... MyProjectAlicization (talk) 05:55, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
The 2.0 eyesight triviaEdit
- Her eyesight for both of her eyes in real life are 2.0, which is twice as good as the average person.
The trivia written upwards is BS (it's in the trivia section of Sinon's page). I don't know who wrote the fact that "Sinon has 2.0 eyesight in both of her eyes, which means that she sees twice as good compared to the average person" is completely wrong.
That scale means "how deteoriated the eye is from normal sight."
A person with 2.0 has to use glasses to see correctly, and is in the range for sight corrective surgery to turn eyesight back to optimal levels.
2.0 eyesight does not mean "incredibly good eyesight able to see afar", it means that the light is coming to the retina and inside with a broken angle (0 means that light directly enters the center without interference, hence why it's impossible, a person with 0 could see his finger completely clearly even if it were to be only a mm away from his eye), and as the numbers go negative or positive, the eyesight is broken.
Negative numbers mean myopia, which is the lack of sight at long range. Positive numbers mean hyperopia, the exact opposite of myopia, the lack of sight at close range. Sinon has 2.0 hyperopia, meaning that her eyes have incorrect focus at closely held objects.
Her eyes, (sinon's) have light entering her retina with 2.0 upwards angle. She cannot see clearly without the aid of glasses or lenses.
Please write trivia with correct info.
22.214.171.124 17:39, March 29, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know how it is treated internationally, but I just found the following from a Japanese medicine-related page:
1909年にはイタリアで開かれた国際眼科学会で国際的な標準指標として採用されることが決まり、それ以後、視力検査は世界的にあの図形で行われているわけです。 前置きが長くなりましたが、このランドルト環を使って「視力1.0」は、次のように規定されています。 5m先にある、直径7.5mmのランドルト環の、幅1.5mmの切れ目の方向がわかる能力。これが「視力1.0」です。そして「視力2.0」は、5mの2倍である10m先の切れ目がわかる能力。「視力0.5」は、半分の距離の2.5m先の切れ目がわかる能力、というわけです。
- Very rough translate:
- Be adopted as a standard international indicators in the international Academy of Ophthalmology held in Italy decided in 1909, since then, visual acuity testing is not being done in that figure worldwide.
- Introduction was larger, but the "visual acuity" has been defined as follows using the Landolt ring.
- Ability to understand certain to 5m away, of Landolt ring with a diameter of 7.5mm, the direction of the cut width of 1.5mm. This is the "visual acuity 1.0". And "vision 2.0", the ability to know the break of 10m target is twice the 5m. "Vision 0.5" is not that ability, you know the cut of 2.5m where the distance of the half.
- And I don't know about how the definition of 2.0 eyesight in other countries work, but if converted to USA system, 2.0 would mean 20/10 while 20/20 is the normal eyesight and "20/8.9 was the highest score recorded in a study of some US professional athletes." according to wikipedia article on Visual acuity.
- So it seems to be. I guess we can treat Sinon as a superhuman now, even though the chances of a japanese schoolgirl who didn't have a past that required eyesight which did not sharpen her eyesight having 20/10 are VERY slim.
- I grew up in the village. I was right alongside my grandpa with a rifle in my hand, hunting bunnies and birds and occasionally the wild boar and deer.
- My grandpa can still read clearly without the aid of any optical wear. And he is 90 years old.
- My eyesight is 20/9.8 and even that is absolutely crazy. How the hell does she even have eyesight that sharp even though she grew up in an enviroment that did not require such sharpness and the usual japanese does not have that good eyesight.
- There is only a single explanation. BS and buttpulls. Mr. writer pulled this eyesight thing outta his butt to make his characters OP, this includes kirito who apparently has "incredible reaction time" (which I call BS to again)
- Anyways, please correct the eyesight trivia to "Sinon has a visual acuity rating of 20/10, which is twice as good compared to the average person." or something smiliar to avoid such problems.
- Huleyn (talk) 18:18, March 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Based on what I have read here, I can see that you have not had been taught manners. If you notice what you believe is a mistake, then bring it to our attention and we will make necessary changes to correct the mistake or correct the confusion, based on the situation. The regulars on this wiki are not barbarians or anything like that - we solve problems, like regular civilised people, through discussion, not raging and repeating "BS".
- Anyway, I have edited the trivia for more clarity and even added a note just to be sure that people do not get confused. As for the acuity rating, just so you know, the trivia came from a Question and Answer session made by the author during his web version times, which means that he likely did not put that much thought into the answers. You are free to have your opinion on it, but express it politely.
- Gsimenas (talk) 18:40, March 29, 2014 (UTC)
- I am very sorry for my manners, for I usually serve in sites where people are less concerned about politeness, and act as if they were all close friends.
- I'm sorry for the words I've used. I was also enraged about a match I lost in HAWKEN too. And this type of "serious" places where people actually take their place on the internet seriously, are not places I visit often.
- It's not like we're overly serious when it comes to regular chatting, but there is such a thing as crossing the line. Even if you are being informal, we try to avoid saying things in a way that would insult the other person. Anyway, as C9 has already said, Shino wears glasses because of a psychological thing - she feels safer with them on. The glasses have no medical prescription.
- http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Forum . You can even select the page being discussed and the discussion will appear under that page. And it's easier to use, notice and keep track of than talk pages, as you receive notifications when someone replies to a topic that you have participated in. Gsimenas (talk) 07:59, March 30, 2014 (UTC)
- You have my gratitude.
- Huleyn (talk) 08:14, March 30, 2014 (UTC)